• Statistics

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
    • Page 1 of 1
    GLADIATOR FORUM » Announcements » Suggestions » new rule
    new rule
    CyphDate: Thursday, 2012-07-26, 12:44 PM | Message # 1
    Cyphilis
    Group: Users
    yo this is ur choice if u wanna do it just a suggestion. Make a new rule stating that anyone that is not in the top 10 list, can not challenge anyone that is higher than rank 5. I don't know if this would be a good rule or not.

You're bad and you should feel bad

BOSSDate: Thursday, 2012-07-26, 12:50 PM | Message # 2
    The Boss
    A different way you could do it. Make it so they have to work their way up the ranks so who ever is at rank 10 has to do most of the fighting to maintain their spot if they dont want to be rank 10 they have to beat rank 9 etc to get out of it. This way you'll really know who deserves what rank instead of 1 guy randomly beating someone rank 4 but cant beat anyone rank 5-10 for example.

CyphDate: Thursday, 2012-07-26, 12:51 PM | Message # 3
    Cyphilis
    Ranks have to go up 1 by 1. But people that are not in the ranks can just jump to 1v1ing rank 2

You're bad and you should feel bad

RandyDate: Saturday, 2012-07-28, 6:04 AM | Message # 4
    Super big snake
    Well I mean if we were to get serious with it. Every top 10 list that's ever been implemented in history for gladiator and majority of things has had a hierarchy to it. And by that I mean had a way where you could only challenge the bottom of the barrel to a fight to get any sort of rank. Granted that was when there was actively like 100+ gladiators all participating so the list was huge and being in the top 10 actually meant something significant.

It all really depends on how the person spear heading the list wants to do it I guess. But the real point of a top 10 or top 20 or top anything really, is you have to start from the bottom and work your way up. If your not even in the top 10 and you want to be there, back in the day you'd have to fight all the way up from the first rank 100 to rank 99 and 98 and so on. So it actually took a long time.

Now there's never actually been an offical top 100 or even to 50 list of gladiators ever. It's just never been created. I'm sure most people were too lazy or didn't even care enough to make it. There's usually only been a list of the top 10. Cause really that's the only thing people care about.

So technically what I'm getting at, is you SHOULD have to challenge the bottom of the barrel. Aka whoever's ranked 10 to get even in the top 10. And then work your way to 9, 8, 7 etc. Before you can even think about challenge 5 you'd have to be rank 6 first. But I mean given the fact that there's hardly even 100 gladiators left. There's probably realistically scattered about maybe like, 20-30 if that. That's not counting euros/singaporeans obviously. (Hi Fallen Angel).

But like I said it's up to whoever runs the list and wants to set the rules however they set it. This list we have right now is pretty much a joke because we don't have any real gladiators left to make it with. This is just of active gladiators. We all know if we had the gladiator population we had in 2008-2009 -((Dylan in his Prime, Cerb actually in his prime, Deviok in his prime, iDark, Afterburned, I bet even Diamons would probably make it into that list currently if he still played not that he was really even good. But I mean Pendulum used to have a clan of tons of gladiators that were all actually decent. So put all those on there as well))-. about 98% of the people in the top 10 would be migrated to the top 50 to say the least. But you gotta work with what you got I suppose.

that's my take on the rankings anyway or how they should be. happy

RaypemberDate: Saturday, 2012-07-28, 1:37 PM | Message # 5
    Guren lagann gladiator
    Group: Administrators
    Yeah exactly, unfortunately like you said there's barely 20-30 people; the only people who still take glad srsly are the new people.
    But oh well, luohan did what he could with the rule. If people were really independent of the design of their own style/technique, then it would be more competitive, since now everyone are depending too much on someone better then themselves, therefore challenging the hierarchy wouldn't work as it did 3 years ago. Unlike how people used to discover techniques on their own.

The reason why it worked longtime ago is not only because it was more competitive, but how leading gladiators actually helped the community by seriously creating clans that worth to join in (and also become a slave).

Our problem now is not the newgens, but how the leaders of this community should act like, if oldgens took them seriously and really want a system that works well within this small community, then that's where it starts to fail. We all know newgen glads will one day surpass the previous generation, so I believe people just try to make things more difficult for them and be like an ass and be like "you suck, quit". I think this is a serious problem if you guys want to make glad fun and better again, not for us oldgens but for the next generation, cuz we are just giving bad examples.

I like how people are like "oh I loved glad when it was around 2008-2009", but it wouldn't be that fun if the top glads back then were just bunch of trolls and hotheads like today.

RandyDate: Saturday, 2012-07-28, 2:42 PM | Message # 6
    Super big snake
    Well I mean regardless, the game is steadily dying and has been for a while. I have no motivation to teach. And like I've said always, teaching only goes so far. You can teach them everything under the sun. But the only thing that will allow them to execute it in every situation possible is if they've fought in every situation possible. Aka experience. And I don't mean you have to have 5 years experience or 8 or whatever. Experience isn't about the quantity of years you put in. It's about what you do and absorb with your time.

Someone who's trained for 1 year can beat someone like me who's played for 7-8 years. Admittedly in that extensive time frame I've never actually played consistently except for like a 2 year period. Where I did 1000's of rounds of gladiator with a lot of people. But it was that concentration of experience I got that let me carve the path. It's not that important weather your an oldgen or a newgen. It's how your using your time. And it's about how you choose to absorb your experience on gunz as a gladiator. That's the only determining factor that will make you someone reputable. The only things these people really need to learn is the basics which are like, phasing, and mirroring, evading. The basic fundamentals of gladiator and gunz. Everything else comes naturally through playing many people.

In short, we can't teach you anything you can't teach yourself. There's truly no hidden secrets, no one right way to gladiator. Aside from the fact you should strive to not be that much of a coward in gladiator. But everyone does it at some point.

The only two steps you need to learn to be successful at gladiator is basic fundamentals which you can google. And experience which you can gain by playing anyone. Even a beaner. Every situation you play makes you better.

I agree that we should have a more positive motivation towards newer gladiators sure. But they should also be ready for criticism regardless. And negative comments should only be used as positive motivation in and of itself. Get told you can't do something, go harder. Everyone in GunZ at some point got told they were trash by someone they viewed higher than themselves.

It's just basic glad/gunz ego. It'll happen regardless. I'll be gone and someone else will be in my spot. And he'll be idolized like I am. It happens no matter what and he'll most likely talk shit like me and people before me. It's just the way things are, it's jokingly used. I find the community extremely boring already. If I didn't try to spice things up I'd probably jump off a bridge in gunz. and into a pit. over and over.

RaypemberDate: Saturday, 2012-07-28, 2:56 PM | Message # 7
    Guren lagann gladiator
    Group: Administrators
    crying

GLADIATOR FORUM » Announcements » Suggestions » new rule
    • Page 1 of 1
    Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
    Free web hostinguCoz