• Online Desktop
  • Free Online Games
  • Video Tutorials
  • All HTML Tags
  • Browser Kits

• Statistics

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
    • Page 1 of 1
    GLADIATOR FORUM » North America Gunz Gladiator » Guides » Cyphs' old ass guide
    Cyphs' old ass guide
    CyphDate: Friday, 2012-08-10, 1:07 AM | Message # 1
    Cyphilis
    Group: Users
    OK SO I WANT YOU TO KNOW THIS IS AN OLD AS HELL GUIDE. FEEL FREE TO MAKE FUN OF IT IF YOU WANT LOOL.
    YOU MIGHT WANNA SKIP THE RULES AND BF,DBF,TBF CRAP

If you planning on coming in here and trolling/egoing, then I recommend you to leave as how no one cares. For those of you who plan to take information from this guide, then read on and ignore all the comments that involve troll/ego. You might think of things differently than me. Actually, a lot of gladiators have their own ways of thinking, so their thoughts on subjects are different. Don’t post what you think about this guide unless it’s a “cool guide” or “nice job”. People like to post what they think. I’m fine with that as long as you don’t write an essay about what I said wrong. I have reviewed this guide multiple times, so I do not care about your opinion. If you believe differently go post your own guide. Thank you. I will repost this multiple times throughout the guide.
    ———————————————————————————

Part one. Rules

There are rules in gladiator that you should follow. They show respect and they also make it a fun environment.
    Before you start a fight, you should bow to show respect to your opponent.
    You should not TK as how this is a cheap because they are talking and they
    cannot defend themselves.
    Do not flip because it’s a really cheap way to win. They are in mid-air and you
    can just keep on hitting them because they have no way of defending.
    Do not force lag. No one likes laggers. And again, it’s a cheap way to win.
    Use a rusty or lightweight sword because that way you all do the same amount
    of damage with each slash.
    Be 150-. When you add your HP and AP together, they must be below 150.
    This is so fights do not go on for a long time and so it is an equal and fair
    match.
    When 1v1ing you must not ego.

BF- (butterfly)
    Butterfly is a way of attacking an opponent where you are attacking and defending at the same time. BF is mainly used to move around really fast. It is not usually used for hits. Lol, I’m not saying that it can’t be used but it normally isn’t

Process: Jump > Slash > Block.

BF Dash
    BF dash is the same thing as butterfly but with a dash. I’ve heard the term “1 inch butterfly” before from 3 people. One of them was Keir.

Process: Jump > Dash > Slash > Block.

DBF (Double butterfly)
    Double butterfly is a more aggressive way of attack your opponent. . YOU MUST BE ABLE TO BF) BEFORE YOU LEARN DBF. Unlike BF, this move is usually used to attack an opponent rather than to move around and get positioned. It can be used for this matter though.

Process: Jump > Slash > Block > Slash > Block

DBF Dash
    DBF Dash is the same thing as DBF but with a dash. DBF Dash is usually important in a style. The styles that do not use DBF are rare. I have stumbled onto 2 people that have a style that does not use DBF. (This was a long time ago so I don’t remember the names.) One of them wasn’t good. I could easily beat him. The other one was average. I’m not saying the style is bad. It’s all about the practitioner of the style.

Process: Jump > Slash > Block > Dash > Slash > Block

TBF (Triple butterfly)
    You don't have to learn TBF but I will include it anyway. TBF is a very aggressive way to attack your opponent. I do not TBF because my style is not fit for it; so do not ask me how to put TBF into your style.
    Pros: Strong, fast, and useful if you explode it into bursts.
    Cons: You will have bad massive control, you might not slash and just block sometimes.
    To TBF you must be a master at BF and DBF. This isn’t something you can do overnight. This requires days or maybe weeks. It’s all practicing.

Process: Jump > slash > block > slash > block > slash > block

TBF Dash
    Same thing.

Process: Jump > Slash > Block > Slash > Block > Dash > Slash > Block

If you planning on coming in here and trolling/egoing, then I recommend you to leave as how no one cares. For those of you who plan to take information from this guide, then read on and ignore all the comments that involve troll/ego. You might think of things differently than me. Actually, a lot of gladiators have their own ways of thinking so there thoughts on subjects are different. Don’t post what you think about this guide unless it’s a “cool guide” or “nice job”. People like to post what they think. I’m fine with that as long as you don’t write an essay about what I said wrong. I have reviewed this guide multiple times, so I do not care about your opinion. If you believe differently go post your own guide. Thank you. I will repost this multiple times throughout the guide.

If you don’t have BF or DBF mastered then you shouldn’t start practicing the stuff mentioned in this part. Of course most of you reading won’t listen, and when they continue reading, they are like OHHHH. As a result, they start practicing it before they should. Some other people don’t agree with this and they “I should teach them how to avoid recoiling because it is something that doesn’t come, but BF and DBF do.” I don’t disagree with them. But I would teach BF and DBF first as how if they actually wanted to learn, they would continue. So in the end, it does come to them.

Added (2012-08-10, 1:07 AM)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Avoiding Recoils

Most of the players in GunZ don’t know how to avoid recoiling. In this part, I will explain how to get around recoils without the use of peddle, flip, or whatever people do nowadays.
    Angling- The ability used to prevent recoil by hitting the back of an opponent. So, this sounds easy, but it all depends on the skill level of the opponent. People think of the “BF- turn 180 degrees”, is angle. Wrong. I will explain what that is in a moment, but what you need to know right now is angling. There are two types of angling: Non-angles, and Direct Angles.

Direct angles: Direct angles are pretty much a slash to the back. You turn 180 degrees so your back is facing the opponent, then you dash back. So simple. But if you bf too fast, they can easily turn around with a block and you will be recoiled.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTtf_O5Ie4&feature=related Go to 1:09 and watch how he slashes the back with a 180 turn.
    Non-angles: Non-angles are pretty fun to use, especially against a newcomer. If you have ever fought a skilled person, you will notice that they have the ability to block a lot of your attacks. They do this by focusing on where you're going. An effective way to get hits on people like these is by tricking them. A way to trick them is to walk past them (but not by a lot) so that you will pretty much be back to back if you scooted over. Then BF back. NOTE: If you do this too many time it will become obvious and it will stop working.

Your mouse sensitivity should be 8,000 – 10,000; it is highly recommended you do this in order to make angling, turning and leading your opponent much easier. But there are some mice that are more sensitive than others. I had a mouse that was really sensitive. If you need more help on what your sensitivity should be please ask in the in comments/replies below.

Phasing

Phasing: The act of HITTING a block and not recoiling. Some people think of this as hacks cause they see it for the first time. So if they say you hack, just ignore them J. When you phase, you want to turn right when you're slashing. Try ground slashes first. You must turn 45°+ if you want to avoid recoil.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTtf_O5Ie4&feature=channel_video_title There is a lot of phasing involved in here, mainly because it is an important move in gladiator. Skip to 1:44 and watch how he phases his slashes with a 180° turn.
    When you have it down doing one-way direction, try two slashes. So it will be: Slash-turn 45 degrees+ - slash- turn twice the amount you turned the first time. Next, try it with BF's, DBF's, or maybe even TBF. Now, when you want to spam dbf or tbf, you dont have to phase every slash. One phased slash-block is enough because you won't recoil, unless they move to your side or leave tipslash range and come back. (Tipslash range will be explained in a bit)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    APPROACH COMBOS

Approach- the ability to come in range with an opponent and Disable their movements and attacks.

To help strengthen your style you must disable your S key in Options/Keyboard so you are forced to approach you opponent and not have to result to back peddle and running. BUT, you have to enable it after a while for strong combos use all the keys (W,A,S,D).

Look at it this way, once you learn to approach enemies you learn to stay on the enemy and not let them get away, if the opponent is constantly being hit and combo'd there is no way they have a chance to breath and think of what to do. "But what if they go to block from the beginning and they keep on moving around so I miss slashes?" Well, there are people like that and I don't really know what to say. Best thing I can say is to try to bait massives. I will explain how to bait massives right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added (2012-08-10, 1:07 AM)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Massive Baiting

The name pretty much says it all. Massive baiting is a effective way of getting hits on the opponent. When you are pulling off a combo, and you just pause or go away from the opponent, people like to massive. I don't know why so don't ask. What you should do is use this opportunity to get hits on the opponent. Now, start with a combo. Then, just take it easy and stop slashing or start going away from the opponent (I do not mean go far away, but stay close enough so you can attack when they massive). When they massive, attack. But DO NOT ATTACK IMMEDIATELY. Wait at least .5 seconds after they massive. Why? Because your slash will not register.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TIPSLASHES

Tipslashing is pretty much just slashing with the tip of your sword. This prevents recoil and you can also you this to knock away people when they come at you with a massive.
    There are many ways to train your tipslash. The best way to train tipslash is to get a partner and then make him charge at you with a massive. When he comes to massive you, tipslash him. If the massive hits, it means you must slash sooner. So slash before they enter the tipslash range. You can dash at an opponent and tipslash (you can do this naturally after you have practiced for a while). If you tipslash any massive coming at you, the massive will never hit you, not back massives, sky massives etc etc. Now if you recall me typing
    "But if you bf too fast, they can easily turn around with a block and you will be recoiled." and you were wondering why, I will tell you. When you dash too fast, you will be inside tipslash range, which means that you will recoil without a phase. If you are going to do this then you have to be AT tipslash range
    Using Tipslash as you approach an enemy is VERY useful, tipslash as you approach by using bf,dbf,ground hits, etc etc, this is a great way to approach as it prevents tipslashes done on you and prevents recoils.

MASSIVES
    Massive- to massive the opponent you must look the same direction your opponent is looking, so if they look up you massive up if they look down you massive down and face whichever direction they are facing.

The BEST kind of massives are ground massives, because when you execute ground massives you cannot be hit by any slashes during the time you let the massive go. When you massive you wait for the enemy to be in range, or make yourself be in range by dashing to the right location.

Note: good ways to carry massives are through blockrush

RECOILS/VOID BLOCK:

Recoil- being able to stun the enemy after they hit your block.

Vblock- spamming block at a high and timed speed to prevent being hit by slashes.

Vblock is mainly used to escape when you are being combo'd, another time to vblock is after you get massived or recoiled, after you get massived you only need to press block once and during the time you are stunned all the opponent's slashes will be blocked.

Recoil is done in many ways, here are ways to recoil; make sure you are in recoil range, to be in recoil range you must use Blockrush or bf block cancel.

When an opponent slashes looking down even if they angle they can still be recoiled IF you block looking up, but if the opponent slashes looking straight or up when they angle the chances they can get recoiled are very low BUT you will be completely blind if you look up. However if the opponent slashes on the ground looking up you can recoil them if you block down.

To recoil Angles you must block in the direction they angle to, so if they angle to the right you block looking right and if they block to the left you block looking left. It is highly recommended you look up when you wish to recoil because 90% of all players look down when they slash 40-100% of the time. Use prediction as to where they will land and where they will turn.

BLOCKRUSH AND BF BLOCK CANCEL:

Blockrush- Dash/Flip/block, mainly used to Recoil, move around, or carry massives. You can mix blockrush with bf/dbf/tbf by doing Dash/Flip/Block/Jump. This type of Blockrush is called Blockrush launch.

Bf block cancel- Jump/Dash/slash/block/hold move key and hold block or just hold block, you can do this with bf/dbf/tbf. Bf block cancel is Mainly used to recoil and prevent being hit by massives, you can mix it with close range combos or use it to approach enemies.

MASSIVE EVADING

The trick is like paper scissors rock, just find the opponents favorite way to massive and counter. if the opponent massives up you block down, if the opponent massives down block up, and always if you want to evade it perfectly just block the OPPOSITE way they massive, so if they turn 180 degrees to massive you turn 180 degrees and block the opposite direction, if they turn 90 degrees to massive you turn 90 degrees looking the opposite direction they are looking.

Perfect stance- blocking looking perfectly straight, not slightly up nor slightly down, if you manage to do it right, you can block any front massives.

POINT BLANK

Point blank- going to the enemies sides (their left or right) face them then turn 90 degrees inward and slash, so if you want to do point blank on his left side you face to the left and move to the right, if you want to hit his right move to the left and turn 90 degrees to the right.

What this does is that is slashes through the enemies block, even if you are at tipslash range you will still slash through the block.

The best point blank spot is by going to your left AKA their right side

PREDICTION AND FOCUS

Positioning- to prevent yourself from spamming slashes everywhere we use positioning, to position yourself in a certain location a BF/blockrush is whats mainly used. It is smart to position yourself at tipslash range and move in with several attacks and combos, or position yourself at certain locations to counter the opponent by using recoils/blockrush/tipslash/bf/dbf etc

Prediction- This sounds simple but its hard depending on the skill level of your opponent. to Predict you need to focus and pay attention to your opponent, predicting their movements leads to being able to recoil, tipslash, massive blocking, massiving etc.

Focus- Without Focus you cant use the other two properly so its the most important one, pay attention to what you need to do and what your opponent does. Aim your attacks to your enemy, visualize where your opponent is when you need to turn to do certain moves, always focus all your attacks at your enemy because slashing the air will do you no good.

FIND A FRIEND(s) AND PRACTICE MY GUIDE STEP BY STEP AFTER YOU READ IT!

WHEN YOU THINK YOU IMPROVED YOUR APPROACH SKILLS PUT YOUR S

You're bad and you should feel bad

LuoHanDate: Friday, 2012-08-10, 1:08 AM | Message # 2
    Cocky Arab Bastard
    Group: Moderators
    Quote (Cyph)
    OK SO I WANT YOU TO KNOW THIS IS AN OLD AS HELL GUIDE. FEEL FREE TO MAKE FUN OF IT IF YOU WANT LOOL.
    YOU MIGHT WANNA SKIP THE RULES AND BF,DBF,TBF CRAP

I skipped it all

CyphDate: Friday, 2012-08-10, 1:12 AM | Message # 3
    Cyphilis
    yeah cus u suck

You're bad and you should feel bad

DillonDate: Friday, 2012-08-10, 8:27 AM | Message # 4
    Noob gladiator
    Wrong definition for a phase

GLADIATOR FORUM » North America Gunz Gladiator » Guides » Cyphs' old ass guide
    • Page 1 of 1
    Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
    Free web hostinguCoz